Eric was born and raised in Florida and is a third-generation Floridian. He attended both public and private schools growing up and graduated from Florida Southern College in Lakeland where he majored in Economics and Business Administration. Eric then went to Vanderbilt University Law School where he met his best friend and wife, Carrie.
Eric and Carrie quickly became involved in the Orlando community after graduating. Eric was appointed to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission in 2006 by Governor Jeb Bush. He also became involved in the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida in honor of his youngest sister, Megan, who has Down syndrome. Eric has also been an advocate for abused and neglected children in Orange County’s court system as a Guardian Ad Litem.
Eric was first elected to the Florida House of Representatives on November 4, 2008. He serves as the Chairman of the Civil Justice Subcommittee and Vice Chairman of the Rules and Calendar Committee. During his time in the Florida house, Eric has focused on economic development, getting tough on crime, accountability and ethics in government, and judicial issues.
Eric and Carrie attend Northwest Community Church in Orlando with their two sons Eric III and Ethan.
A Proven Leader
Committed To Community (past and present)
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida, Board of Directors
- Central Florida Council, Boy Scouts of America, Golden Eagle Dinner, Steering Committee
- Central Florida Council Boy Scouts of America, Advisory Committee
- South Orange Chamber of Commerce, Member
- West Orange Chamber of Government Affairs Committee, Member
- Guardian Ad Litem (Volunteer Child Advocate)
- The Florida and Orange County Bar Associations
Faith and Family
- Born and Raised in Florida as the Oldest of Five Children
- Married to Carrie Eisnaugle
- Father to Eric III and Ethan
- Active Member of Northwest Community Church